NEI Licensing Forum 2007
The Westin Arlington Gateway
Arlington, Va 22203
October 15-16 2007
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Licensing Forum is the annual meeting of the U.S. nuclear industry’s licensing community, which is composed of licensing specialists from nuclear utilities, nuclear steam system suppliers, owners’ groups, regional utility groups, nuclear service contractors, EPRI and INPO. NRC line managers, project managers and technical reviewers participate in the forum, presenting their views on a wide range of licensing issues. This year’s two-day meeting is the 7th annual Licensing Forum. It is intended for management, supervisory, and staff personnel involved in the day-to-day licensing interface with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. It gives licensees and NRC staff a chance to discuss the efficiency and effectiveness of a number of important licensing processes, such as, license amendment requests, requests for additional information, topical reports, and generic issue resolution. Forum attendees discuss how NRC and Industry can communicate about issue-resolution action plans, priorities, and schedules. Each Licensing Forum lays the groundwork for future meetings and workshops to develop common definitions and expectations aimed at improving the overall licensing process.
The Westin Arlington Gateway
801 North Glebe Road
Arlington, Va. 22203
The hotel cutoff at The Westin Arlington Gateway is Friday, September 21. Rooms at the Westin are available at a discounted rate of $199 until that date. After September 21, the room rate will be at the discretion of the hotel. Please call 888.627.7076 to make a reservation.
- Registration and continental breakfast will begin Monday and Tuesday at 7.30 a.m.
- Conference sessions will be held at the following times:
Monday, 8:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
- NEI will host a luncheon on Monday and Tuesday, noon-1 p.m.
- NEI will host a welcoming reception on Monday, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Business casual attire is appropriate for the forum.
Reagan National Airport (DCA) is a 5 miles to the Westin Arlington.
Taxis will cost approximately $20 one-way from DCA.
Parking is $20 per day at the Westin.
Super Shuttle is an alternate transportation. 800.258.3826
Metro Ballston metro station (orange line) is three blocks away from The Westin Arlington Gateway. If taking from DCA, take the blue line to Rosslyn metro station. Then board the Vienna orange line and get off in Ballston.
Car Rental Discount
- Hertz Rent A Car is offering NEI a meeting discount. To make your reservation, call Hertz at 800.654.3131 and refer to discount number 189851.
- Budget Rent A Car also is offering NEI a meeting discount. To make your reservation, call Budget at 800.527.0700 and refer to the NEI discount number BCD S192751, or reserve a car online at http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/home/home.ex
Also, start making plans for 2008 Anti Nuclear Events...Chicago could be a great place for a protest May 5-7, 2008.